This is an exciting time for a German speaking consultant to join our team of operational excellence practitioners – join a business with a group of highly skilled, entrepreneurial consultants with a share of the future business success.
Reporting to the Managing Consultant you will be expected to take rapid accountability and total ownership for customer satisfaction – lucrative performance bonuses are available. This is an opportunity that should not be missed.
As a Manufacturing Excellence Consultant, you can be based anywhere within the UK, however you will be expected to travel to client site for completion of projects and spend nights away from home during the week if required.
- Are you passionate about improving manufacturing productivity?
- Are you interested in shaping the future and helping to manage a small to medium size business that is growing?
- How would you like to work in a truly flexible environment in which team work and self-development are fundamental principles?
- Can you see yourself supporting our existing partners whilst actively pursuing new business opportunities?
- Perhaps you are working for a large consultancy and are looking for an opportunity where work-life balance is key or you are an independent consultant who is looking for more security that comes from working within a small team?
- Are you ready for a role in which your working boundaries are set entirely by your own abilities and desire to achieve?
If this sounds like you, then read on…..
Our ideal consultant would have:
- 5-10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, at least 3 of these at a mid-senior management position preferably in a business change improvement role.
- Extensive experience in a manufacturing environment in identifying key areas of improvement, gaining cross functional support to implement, and delivering outstanding results at factory floor level.
- Worked with senior management teams within manufacturing environments to create bespoke improvement solutions and implemented these activities through hands-on coaching and support of the shop floor teams.
- Experience in managing and delivering multiple projects including managing budgets, KPIs, timescales and resourcing.
- Successfully implemented continuous improvement, Lean or Six Sigma projects at multiple-line level.
- Knowledge of current continuous improvement & productivity improvement practices and the ability to confidently describe their application.
- Significant gravitas and presence – a charismatic leader possess excellent negotiating, training and objection handling/ influencing skills.
- Entrepreneurial flair, career driven attitude but open to personal development and inner growth. Can truly live to our values.
- High emotional intelligence – NLP and Leadership skills desirable.
- Bilingual – Ability to speak English and German with other spoken languages desirable
- Developing senior stakeholder relationships at site level – Site Director, or Operations Director level.
- Delivering operational excellence projects on client sites focusing on machine and production line improvement:
- Conducting manufacturing audits, analysing data, diagnostics of processes and presenting solutions to clients using our customised IFA Opportunity Analysis tool.
- Designing and implementing tailor-made improvement projects for clients using our customised tools and techniques.
- Delivering on site workshops for improvement techniques such as SMED, Kaizen, Line Balance Optimisation (LBO), etc.
- Finding hidden waste in their manufacturing systems and helping customers achieve rapid productivity improvements.
- Developing and delivering tailor made Leadership Development Programmes for shop floor and enterprise level change programmes.
- Through people engagement, inspire people to sustain change in their workplace whilst giving them support and guidance.
- Continually over exceed client expectations.
- Participate in OFX consulting lead generation tactics working closely with the customer & market development team.
- Help develop OFX consulting customer strategy to drive new business development, working closely with the customer and market development team.
- Continually develop your network within clients to advance the company brand and identify further improvements for clients
- Ensuring all Project Group bids are of the highest quality.
Generous basic salary plus Pension and Bonus
OptimumFX is an independent operational consultancy that works in a close partnership with Bytronic Automation and LineView Solutions. Together, the group offers complete manufacturing improvement solutions to the manufacturing industry. We are the leaders in visualising production information in real time. By using the experience and expertise of the group we can provide rapid improvements with sustained benefits and most of our clients become long term partners. Our clients are many of the blue-chip manufacturers within the FMCG, Automotive and Pharmaceutical industries, and we have helped optimise the production facilities and processes for many household products in the last 15 years.