What is our offer?
The 5S philosophy focuses on effective workplace organisation or machine performance and standardised work procedures. A robust 5S program will reduce waste and improve your efficiency while improving quality and employee safety. At OptimumFX Consulting, we are committed to ensuring an effective and sustainable 5S improvement programme. This can be achieved through:
- 5S training workshop
- 5S auditing & assessment
- 5S Implementation programme
How is it delivered?
Typical Agenda consists of 2-4 days, depending on the size of the area (or machine) to be 5S’d.
- 5S, Visual Management & Pull System- (overview, benefits, methodology, practice examples)
- Gemba walk current state- 5S audit & recommendations
- Red tag process
- 5S process planning
Day 2 (2/3):
- Begin Sort, Set, Shine process
- Review what went well, what didn’t go well, what helped and what hindered implementation
- Discuss the opportunities
Day 3 (3/4):
- Gemba walk of new area- make changes needed
- Implement ‘Standardise’- using visual management control, Standard Operating Procedures, One Point Lessons
- Implement ‘Sustain’- 5S audit
What are the benefits?
The benefits of 5S can be significant. Equipment efficiency loss reduction in the order of 10% to 30% can be achieved. Within our experience implementing 5S programs these levels of success become the backbone of continuous improvement at a site.